At Community Summit, Mike Morton of Microsoft misspoke. As in his blog on LinkedIn HERE he lets us know a few key points:
- Microsoft is fully committed to supporting our Dynamics GP customers. This will include new releases (e.g., 18.6, 18.7, 18.8, …) for the foreseeable future on the same timeline and schedule as we have done in the past several years, as outlined in the GP Modern Support Lifecycle.
- If you are an existing GP customer, you can be confident in using Dynamics GP to run your business for years to come.
- New releases will contain regulatory (tax), security updates, and hotfixes, ensuring GP remains up to date.
- New releases will also include updates in usability, reliability, addressing top customer issues, and other areas that are critical in ensuring businesses run successfully on GP.
- At the Summit we did make a statement about ‘new features’. This intent was to share that we do not expect significant new capabilities in Dynamics GP, such as new modules. Microsoft’s major investments and innovations will be in other Dynamics 365 offerings. (Aisling Edit: He clarified this in a meeting by saying that yes, small enhancements will be made, but nothing major like adding a Project Accounting module)
- The GP ISV (Independent Software Vendors) ecosystem has always been strong and will continue releasing new add-ons that extend core Dynamics GP.
- We recommend customers with any questions or concerns reach out to their existing partner, who best understands their business.
- Microsoft mentioned several companies that provide migration services. These services are intended as a ‘partner-to-partner’ resource, with customers continuing to work directly with their existing partner.
He also made it clear that Microsoft is focusing it’s efforts MAINLY on their new Business App offerings including Business Central, Finance and Operations and the Power Suite.
As a company using GP what should YOU be thinking about? One, you can save time, effort and more importantly money by switching to the new products. Aisling supports and has a lot of experience with these new applications and we LOVE them! But, we also are committed to helping ANY GP Using company stay on GP and enhance GP to be used in the 21st Century!
If you are a GP Using Company and have been Orphaned by your partner or told that you MUST implement these new applications then we have great news for you. Aisling is happy to partner with you to ensure your success and when you are ready, we are happy to give you the best service possible when migrating to the new applications!
As always, we here at Aisling do not employ sales people so when you speak to us you are speaking to experts who will be radically honest with you as opposed to yes-saying sales people!
When you are ready to get in touch with us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!